Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25

Another wonderful day in the SLB world.  Up again at 5:45.  Frank and Aaron again assured me that we can get breakfast at the hotel; once again I was proven right when they couldn't get it.  :)  Those guys are sure funny.  Frank is from Missouri, not Kansas, but he's a right nice fellow.  Aaron is from Dayton, OH, and he went to the University of Cincinnati, how random is that?

Sad, this post just got lost.  :(  I'll try again

Ashely, from Canada, and Sean, from the USA somewhere, are both going to a small city outside of Brisbane, Australia.  How nice to know someone on the other side of the continent!  I talked with another Malaysian girl on the way to the MLC today.  I love meeting all these interesting people!  Kanchana is going back to Malaysia, but now everybody want to be an IM person.  If only they knew...  Today we talk about how to access our line accounts, what to talk about with our managers, what all the segments are, and compensation and benefits.  Lunch was another interesting affair.  I again steered clear of the buttermilk with salt, a traditional Indian drink, and even the Indians said it was an acquired taste.  :)  The compensation and benefits talk took 3 hours.  I sure hope that I absorbed most of that discussion.  I talked with the Iranians on the way back to the hotel.  It sees that we all agree that we're not necessarily happy with how our government is handling their conflict.  Really nice group of 4 guys though.  They seemed a little shy at first, and then they would not stop talking to me; I have a crick in my neck from whipping my head around to talk to them all.  :)  Hopefully I made a good impression on them too.  I came back, got some divine dinner: fish with fennel, pasta salad, seafood salad, and lettuce salad.  The deserts were in shot glasses today.  :)  Went to the gym for half an hour of cardio, then I went to the pool.  I wore my shorts and t-shirt, and that seemed to make the locals happy.  Definitely wouldn't wear less then that, and I wish I had brought my yoga pants actually.  The Malaysian girls came down to try to swim, that'll be interesting to see progress, and they were wearing something very similar.  They wear head dresses for the most part, so I trust their judgment.  I'm off to bed, after I read all about my compensation package.  Sigh.  Good night world!

No comments:

Post a Comment