Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27

Wednesday!  It was a really late night, so my 4 hours of sleep are not taking me far.  Another good breakfast.  Steamed tomatoes are a delicious addition to any breakfast!  The plain yogurt here is to die for.  Better than just about anything I have had in the states.  We now have a different presenter, Dez Neil from Scotland.  He's a bit more abrasive than our other presenters, and he doesn't take any shit.  In Middle Eastern cultures it is not considered rude to enter a meeting late.  Dez has a more Western approach.  Not being on time is an insult to those who are giving presentations and those who are on time.  I agree with him, and it's nice to see some of the others get a talking to.  Needless to say, people are being quieter in class, and on time.  He is from Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental.  We did a case study on the Piper Alpha disaster in the North Sea.  Fascinating and tragic story.  I had a lighter lunch, one rice, mutton curry, and a big salad.  The gulaba (spelling?  it's an Indian donut soaked in syrup), was a nice light desert.  I was much more alert today.  I think I am going to try to eat like this more often.  I turned in my contract, so I'm officially an SLB employee.  :)  We came back to the hotel, and I passed out for 2 hours.  So much for heading downtown tonight.  I ate a quick dinner, and then worked out for 40 minutes.  I'm feeling a lot better, gotta keep eating that yogurt.  I feel like I should buy some multivitamins though.  I know Mom is going to feel guilty when she reads that!  She'll think that she should have bought me some.  It's okay though.  I'm going to bed early tonight.  Saw a beautiful sunset this evening.  The sun was a brilliant shade of red.  We are now taking a new way to the MLC, a road was completed, so we are seeing a new side of the city today.  The architecture here is just beautiful, and there are practically no lights, only roundabouts.  I gotta say, they're a much more efficient system than I had previously thought.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment