Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 31

Long day.  Today is the first day of Peptec-0-18.  Woke up at 7, finally, not 5:45 am!  Leisurely breakfast, and got ready for the day.  Started class with some introduction to Wireline, what's expected of us, and safety talk.  Had a nice lunch.  Then back to class to try to get all our computers set up correctly.  What a nightmare.  I hope that the other kids have more success than us.  Honestly, it took 4 1/2 hours to get it figured out, and then, only myself and Jessica had everything working.  Seriously, not fun.  Thankfully Yogi is a nice guy.  I'm the class administrator, thus I am responsible for making sure the attendance is turned in, and that everyone is to class at time.  I don't have to go wake them up, but Alex gets to give them Party Points.  Party Points are money you give to the class for your mistakes, and a present is given at the end of the course.  :)  I went and worked out after class for 45 minutes.  I feel so much better now, but tomorrow is a lot of physical moving and streching, so I better get used to it.  I figured out how to get my perscription in Abu Dhabi.  Tomorrow I'll be going to the hospital, which sucks, but at least I'll get it done.  Nice dinner with Alex, I really love all the fish they serve here!  Now I'm just studying for my quiz tomorrow.  I'm so glad to not be traveling back and forth so much, I'm already getting more sleep.  I'm missing everybody this weekend.  It sounds like everybody back home had fun, and I'm not there to share in it.  :(  To end on a positive note, I watched 5 minutes of the Bourne Identity.  Totally made my day; gotta love that Matt Damon!  Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment