Friday, October 29, 2010

October 28

Last day of the workweek!  Haha, nice try.  Today was the last day of QHSE training with Des.  He was a lot nicer today.  He must have gotten more sleep.  :)  The fatigue management was mentioned yet again.  Everyone knows this is really going ot be the tough part of our job, and I think a lot of us are a bit worried, including myself.  Everything, and I do mean everything, is so site specific, it's hard to put down facts on everything.  Lots of injury prevention training today.  Basically, if I do anything wrong to myself or others, I think I get fired.  It's nice of them to tell me that ahead of time I guess...  :(  Basically, I can never lose my computer, never mess up a job too bad, can't insult anybody from any culture, or take a yellow and white taxi.  Jeez, it's a lot to remember.  On the positive note, I met with my teacher for my next course, Peptec 0, Yogi, I think he's Indonesian.  He gave some instructions on how the class is going to go, and how we can get prepared.  Lunch was great.  Mexican day!  So funny to see our Filipino wait staff in traditional Mexican outfits.  They seemed to be having a good time though.  I had high hopes of doing something fun when we got back to the hotel, but unfortunately I slept for about 2 hours, and missed the big excursion to the Ferrari Theme Park.  Apparently I was not the only one.  A nice evening was spent in my room, trying to beef up my knowledge of wireline products, problems, and interpretation.  Tomorrow, driving training!

No comments:

Post a Comment