Saturday, January 1, 2011

Decemember 31

Happy New Year's Eve!  I had not made a single plan before I got to work, so I'm gad the evening turned out well.  Busy morning, as usual.  We got to leave work about 2 PM, so we ran over to the mall to buy stuff for the later barbi!  Came home, and sat out by the pool for the last few minutes of direct sunlight that our pool gets.  Went out for a quick bite to eat at McDonalds.  First fast food I've had since the US I think.  Headed over to the party at Ally and Nicola's house.  They're a SLB dual-career couple; really nice people.  Had some good food, and apparently I drank too much.  :(  Oh well, I'm glad that I'm a happy drunk.  :)  Watched the Perth Fireworks, from a great distance, but they were still beautiful.  Ally's Mom was there, and she's from Sydney.  She really recommended going and seeing the Sydney fireworks.  Maybe next year!  Made it back to Nick's house to crash on his extra bed.

Not too bad for my 1st New Year's outside of the US!  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment