Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16

Well Wellsite 2 has been a whirl wind.  We starting preparing for another 'job' on Sunday by getting our tools calibrated.  I got 3rd engineer shift, out of 11 total, so I haven't slept much the past 2 nights.  Spent about 12 hours getting my software set up to do my log, giving myself a schedule to follow, and finding all the small details necessary to do the job.  Not exactly easier, but it went a lot smoother than the first time.  My shift was supposed to start at 2 PM on the 15th, but my group has been delayed do to a tool/set-up failure.  I started at 4:30 PM and finished logging at 10.  Only 1/2 hour behind schedule.  I had some serious problems with the tool as well, not able to get all the information out of it that I should have.  It might have been my lack of knowledge of the software, or it might be the tool.  I think we'll be finding out when I finally get to the post-job check of it.  Then I had 5 hours of planned playback that took 5.25 hours.  Okay, not perfect, and I'm sure that I have a lot of mistakes in my log; in fact I know that I do.  It's just so much to think about.  Even with all the stuff you try to do ahead of time, there is still so much more to do!  A nice 8 hours of sleep followed.  :)  Now I have my winchman and operator shifts to do in the next two days, and the post-job clean up and follow up.  I would really like to get one day off after all this to go to the beach.  Some of the others went on last weekend, but I really wanted some sleep so I skipped out.  Hopefully I'll get out again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment