Friday, February 4, 2011

February 2-4 Wellsite 1

Well, it's been an interesting couple of days.  The last 3 days have been job preparation, execution, and assistance for my fellow classmates.  This was our first time getting to do a job solo, direct our crew, and present a final project to the 'client' or instructors.  The first day was job prep, where we sat down and discussed everything we needed to do, and started setting up the well software that we used.  The rest of the day, and by day, I mean till after midnight, was spent getting the tools ready.  Fortunately I didn't have a shift till noon the next day, but 4 AM was the first shift.  Feel sorry for those people.  :(  I was operator for my friend Gozie at noon, and I did okay.  Not my finest showing, but it was the first job I attended, in my defense.  I think got everything that I could think of ready for my job.  I missed a few things, but that's beside the point....   I got a bit of shut eye, and since my well was delayed, someone had a tool failure, I didn't have to start at 4 AM as originally planned, but I got to sleep in a bit and start at 6 AM!  It went okay.  In hindsight, there is a lot that I would have done differently, but I got my well logged, and I spent the next 5 hours in the finalization room - where I edit the log, get the prints ready, make a CD, and do some evaluations.  I could have done better, but I'm viewing this as a starting point.  :)  I got a 3 hour nap in there, so I felt up to my 10 PM winchwoman's shift for my friend Alex.  Am I the worlds great winchwoman?  Probably not.  Am I bad?  Kind of...  Sigh.  This is going to take some practice.  I got back home around 3:30 AM.  A bit late, but around that time everybody else was coming back from the bar!  :(  Geez is sucks to be the last group to do a log. 
All around, a pretty okay couple of days, and now I know what I need to do ahead of time to prepare.  Total amount of sleep for the past 52 hours?  I'd estimate it at about 12 hours.  I'm taking a nap today though!   

No comments:

Post a Comment