Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 23

A week or so between posts, that seems to be about the norm here.  :)  I've been here 5 weeks, only 9 more to go!  We're ramping up for Wellsite 3 and Job 1.  I'm pretty worried about Job 1, it's bound to be an interesting and challenging thing.  I'm actually hoping that I go first in Wellsite 3, so that I can be really prepared, and not first, on the jobs.  Jobs count for most of my practical score in school, so it's really vital that I do well.  :)  We lost our first student from the class.  Alex, my operator for both previous Wellsites, has a pretty serious eye infection.  He has been banned from working till it gets better.  It sucks that he is no longer with us, but they're going to allow him to join a Peptec as soon as he gets better, so it's not like he's been released or anything.  We're already down to 20.  Every school has somebody that gets lets go; I've never heard of one that doesn't.  Here's to hope that I'm not the one let go this goaround!  I talked with Ann W. and Kevin B. from back home; so nice to hear what everybody is doing!  I finally got to Skype with my parents, and I got some mail!  It's been a pretty good week; thank heavens, because the next 2 weeks are going to suck.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment