Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26

I've slept about 12 hours in the last 3 days.  Yes, it's been one of those kinds of weeks.  I was first engineer on Wellsite 3 this week, and I started my shift in a very chipper mood.  That died about 10 minutes into my shift when I was told I was being too perky in my safety meeting.  Things went south from there.  My 3 hour shift took 12.5 hours.  Needless to say, I had a long day.  Plus the 4 hours of playback time after that to finish my well package.  I hope that I impressed the instructors with my troubleshooting, but honestly, it was just a bit of mess up.  Tools improperly services, unit to tool power and communication system not working correctly - I tried 2 of these before I found one that worked.  Being first engineer sucks here at MLC, but in real life you're always the first engineer.  Something to look forward to!  I'm going back to work on my post-job, but thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment