Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7

Well it has certainly been an interesting week since I last wrote.  We finished Wellsite 3, and immediately jumped into preparations for Job 1.  Job 1 is a big deal; about 5% of my total grade for the class.  It went......okay.  I was the 8th out of 10 engineers, so I had a lot of time to think about the job, prepare for the job, and generally get no sleep.  I was winchwoman, and operator, and they take a lot out of you, and then I prepared for my job.  Everything went great in my job for the first 3 hours, perfect.  Then I started to have problems, which I was expecting to have a few, but still.  I took 9 1/2 hours instead of the 8 I was budgeted for.  Luckily, just about everybody else had the same experience.  :)  After I finished finalizing my prints, I talked to my parents on Skype for an hour!  Thanks Mom and Dad, I really needed that.  I spent all day yesterday cleaning up our unit, our tools, and generally getting the rig back into shape.  Today I passed my mid-school exam, woohoo!, I got an okay score on my Job 1 package, and I had an okay review!  Now I'm getting ready to go to Dubai for the next two days.  :)  I can't wait.  We're going to the Atlantis resort, and I'm going to sit on the beach and do nothing for a day and a half, and maybe buy some shoes.  Only 50 days more to go.  I sure hope I can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment