Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 12


What a fun day!  I woke up early, took an 1 long walk along the river.  It’s so nice to get out early.    I headed out to the train station, and caught the train to Fremantle, which is called Frio over here.  It’s a port city on the coast, and about a 40 minute train ride from Perth city center.  The train was packed with family’s going to the beach.  I arrived to a beautiful city, the port was just so much fun.  I went to the markets, which were just so full of wonderful things.  I didn’t want to buy anything, because I don’t have much room in my suitcase.  Oh well, I know that I’ll be back.  I bought a book about Australia at the 2nd hand book shop; gotta have my books.  I had a really nice lunch of fish, octopus, and bad coleslaw at a beautiful place along the water with Nick.  There are 3 well known places down there, so I know I’ll have to go back to try them all.  Spent about 2 hours on the beach, after we found Jess, who was terribly lost.  It’s so much windier than you think it’s going to be, but the water was great.  The book I bought talks all about the scary things in Australia, so I was starting to get paranoid about standing in the water.  Headed home on a backed train, had some delicious low-fat pasta, and fell fast asleep.  What a nice day.           

No comments:

Post a Comment