Monday, December 6, 2010

December 5th


Okay, so waking up at 5 AM is not acceptable.  I tried, but there wasn’t much going to sleep after that.  I went to 8 AM mass, just for the heck of it.  Had a nice homily about Christmas for the right reasons.  I’ll try to work on that.  I meandered back home, saw part of the Christmas parade happening outside my apartment – imagine lots, and lots of children hyped up on sugar plus Christmas excitement.  Way too much screaming going on.  I made my way over to the University of Western Australia, because myself and Nick, co-worker from Texas, were going to meet some co-workers for windsurfing and kayaking!  Note, always double check the directions they give you…  We found it eventually, and saw some nice scenery along the way!  Windsurfing is awesome.  I really had an excellent time.  I did pretty well for my first time, I managed to only fall off about 5 times.  I lost my sunglasses the last fall though.  L  Oh well, this is why I brought 4 pairs with me.  J  I saw some clear and orange jellyfish.  The fellows assured me they weren’t poisonous, but after that, I wasn’t so keen on the windsurfing…  Got a bit sunburnt, but it must have happened in the morning, since it wasn’t in the shape of my swimsuit.  Typical Australia, you really do have to wear sunscreen ALL the time.  Home for dinner and some work on my next class.  At least I got it done during non-work hours, so I can focus on something else this week.  I had a great conversation with Ben!  Thank heavens for Skype.  Off to bed, it’s been a long day.  It’s the 2nd Sunday of Advent, remember the reason for the season.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment