Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 19


Wow, awesome, awesome day!  Woke up early with good intentions, but instead I skyped with Mom and Dad for an hour or so.  I walked over to the The Ashes cricket game, about 4 blocks from my house, and tried to scalp some tickets.  I didn’t have much luck, but Nick got us some 2 of the best seats in the house, $75 each.  We got seats under the canopy, instead of the hot sun, and sat next to a really nice Australian couple.  Aussie’s got 5 wickets in about 50 minutes.  Great game though, very suspenseful.  Then everybody in the stadium stayed around for another hour to hear all the players talk, to sing strange English songs, I wasn’t following along, and to drink all the beer they could.  (Side note: not once while we were discussing going to the game did Nick tell me that it might only last an hour.  That Australia only had to make 5 wickets (outs), and then the game would be over.  Sigh.)  It was a really great experience though.  Since The Ashes only comes to Australia one every 4 years, I’m thrilled I got to go.  I bought a snazzy hat.  Nick and I went and had brunch afterwards, and then I went to buy some household items.  I should have gone shopping, since the sales have been terrific, but I just wasn’t feeling it.  I read, made a little snack, and got ready for the concert!  Nick, Colin (Nick’s friend from back home who lives in Perth), and co-worker Matt went to the Muse concert.  I ended up having to run to the train station, but I survived.  Took the train out there, I love public transport! 

No comments:

Post a Comment