Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1


I woke up this morning to the smell of smoke, and it took me ages to figure out what the heck was going on.  Yesterday we heard all these sirens go off at the airport, and there was a small brush fire that started on the airport grounds somewhere.  Apparently it had not been contained, and as of tonight on the news, it’s still on-going.  Kind of scary actually, but at least everything smells like we’re going camping.  J  Quiet day at work, the boss was out on a rig.  I actually got some of my preschool training completed.  Who knew that ‘fishing’ could be so complicated?  Fishing in the well world, is when your tools get stuck downhole, and you have to ‘fish’ them out.  It’s not a pretty process, and it costs heaps.  Heaps is my Australian word of the day.  They use it all the time, for instance, we’re having heaps of fun.  I love it.  Since I actually got home before 6 PM tonight, I walked around my neighborhood, found the local gym I’ll probably try to join, the local rugby/Australian Rules/soccer fields, and the wine shop.  J  Didn’t buy anything, but maybe this weekend.  I made another tasty Indian meal, and tried to get my finances in order, since I actually got paid!!  It’s just one less worry, now that I can pay off those student loans.  Did the laundry as well, it’s hanging outside, and will probably smell like smoke.  Oh well, everybody in this city smells the same way right now.  Goodnight for now, happy Hump Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment