Friday, November 12, 2010

November 10

Well it was a couple stressful days, so I'll summarize.  Had a horrible nightmare last night.  Can't even really remember what it was all about.  Got chased in the snow by a person, and had to sleep outside.  :(  Very busy day.  We talked about nuclear and gamma ray technology, and I gave my presentation on a gamma ray tool.  Not terribly well received.  I feel there were things I could have presented better.  Yogi had to help me.  :(  It seems to have worked out okay, because everyone did well on the quiz.  I started studying for my final test on Friday: 100 questions, 2.5 hours, 25% on the tools I've learned in the past 3 days.  Righto.  I spent my early evening in the classroom studying, yet again, then it was out to the well pad for 4 hours of well site visit time!  We watched a DSI log, which I can't remember what that stands for right now...  Met a really nice guy named Ali who kept quizzing us on what we're going to need for our Peptec 1 class (that'll be the class I come back for in January, basically it's my first true test if I can do the job).  Abhi, the Indian guy that I sit next to in class (super cool fellow), and I met our Peptec 1 instructor Hanafy.  He's an Egyptian, 9 years with the company, stints in Libya, Egypt, Sudan, and Pakistan.  He spent 3 years in Centerville, OH when he was in middle school.  He asked me about Mary Kate and Ashley; first person to do that here!  He's going to be a hard-ass, no doubt, but that's exactly what I was expecting.  It's not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to be your job.  Bed at 2 AM....

No comments:

Post a Comment