Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 12

Well, today was mostly positive.  :)  I passed my test this morning on the first try!!!  75/100 and a 70 is passing.  I know what you're thinking, Mary Kate, you didn't actually pass by that many, but I was in the 70% percentile of my class, so most people passed with 71, 72, etc.  Thank goodness I'm done with that for a month and a half.   Spent an hour figuring out the problems that I did wrong.  :)  Then we had a nice relaxing afternoon out on the well pad where we looked at all the tools, and tried to figure out how what we learned in the theory classes corresponded to what we could see in the field.  I went home, did more of my training, watched The Hulk, because it was like the only English show on.  We went out as a class to dinner with our instructors, helpers, administrators and their families to an Indonesian/Malaysian restaurant, since Yogi, our main instructor is Indonesian.   Delicious!!  I didn't actually eat a lot, but I did have 2 beers and a wine.  A wonderful time, we met our new instructors for our next class, and talked to one of Yogi's best students from the past.  He's from Kazakstan (spelling?), and he's about to go to Grade 11, which is like our goal after 3-4 years.  He was just a nice take on the whole 1st year experience.  We, well 10/13 of our class, went out afterwards to a chill bar.  Had some strange sangria thing that was okay.  We were going to go a club, but the only girls in there were prostitutes.  For a country that is so conservative, there still seem to be a lot of things that Muslims don't approve of.  Once again, thank you God for letting me be an American.  :)  Bed at 2 AM, lordy I'm getting used to have no sleep.
Everybody keeps warning us how hard Peptec 1 is going to be.  I wish it was just here already, but I'm going to enjoy my next 2 months, preschool, before I have to start.  Christmas in Australia.  Be jealous.  :)  Jess, Nick, and I are gonna have a great time I hope.  Good luck to Trygve with his football game, Ben with his bike ride, and Torsten with his his birthday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. MK, I want some Indonesian food! I hope you are jotting down your favorite recipes. :) Do you know your address in Perth yet?
    Love you mucho, girl!
    Nik

    ReplyDelete