Friday, November 12, 2010

November 11

So, sleep deprivation, isn't it great.  I actually did pretty well with it though.  We had more tool presentations, focusing on sonic wave technology.  Salman, from Pakistan, gave a really good presentation I thought.  Probably the best this week.  He just really seemed to understand his topic.  We had 'Italian' day cafeteria.  I have no idea why, but these guys cannot make a pasta dish to save their souls.  Nick, who's of Italian descent, was just shaking his head along with me.  I gotta love the fact that they try.  The waiters were wearing Mexican outfits though, I'm surprised, usually they have very ethnically appropriate outfits for the theme lunches.  Learned about high pressure situations today.  Really, it was nothing compared to the types of prep that Marathon gave me, but this was just Level 1.  Apparently Level 2 is incredibly difficult.  I will have practicals, where I actually set up
tools according to SLB regulations.  Should be fun.  I stayed up till 1 AM studying for my exam tomorrow.  I was actually pretty darn alert until 12 AM, then I just started falling.  Hopefully I'm ready for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment