Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9

Busy night, so I'll try to keep it brief.  First day of tool introduction classes.  They're going okay, just a lot of electronic things to learn.  Ate lunch with Yogi today.  His wife is expecting twins; they know that one of them is going to be a boy.  He's super excited about it.  Apparently most of the Wireline instructors here are twins or have twins.  Must be something in the air...  I'm presenting tomorrow, so I'm trying to get my talk down.  One quiz tomorrow on everything I learned today.  This is really like 2 or 3 classes all in one, but boy am I learning.  I can't wait for preschool (my first time at my location).  Learned about radiation safety today.  If I lose a radiation source I will be fired.  Pretty much no questions asked.  Apparently SLB has only lost 2 sources ever, one in Nigeria, where they were stolen, and another one in Australia, where they fell off a truck.  Both were recovered, and in the second instance, people were fired.  I guess you can't fire people in Nigeria when they are attached and robbed.  Note: I'm never going to Nigeria.  Way too many people getting killed or kidnapped there.  I went to hip-hop dance class with Jessica tonight.  A small skinny highly-athletic French woman taught it, but honestly I think I impressed her.  That's right, I can boogie!  Jessica is really good; she was on the dance team in high school.  I'm going to a Malaysian/Indonesian restaurant with my class later this week, and my instructor in Indonesian.  He says it is one of the best places he's been outside of Indonesia.  I really can't wait for that fun experience.  Well back to studying.  Thanks Ben and Mom for the nice emails, and thanks for keeping Grandma informed.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment