Friday, November 26, 2010

November 25

Happy Thanksgiving!  Well, it's not really the same at all here Down Under, but I'm determined to enjoy it.  :)  Work, work, work, all day long, makes for a happy girl, and seeing as how my boss, and my boss's boss left to go golfing....  We left an hour early and went to the beach!  It took us awhile to figure out how the trains work, note, always have coins, but once we figured it out it went pretty slick.  From the nearest train station it's a 15 minute walk to Cottesloe Beach.  I saw the same little wave placards that I saw in Portland that indicated tsunami, but unfortunately these just point to the beach.  I was just a bit disappointed.  The beach was once again beautiful, but a bit windy.  It's a rather unpleasant thing to have sand blown at you, feels like sandpaper all over your body.  Jess and I took a nice long walk along the beach, saw some kite surfers, and I somehow managed to get 2 bug bites on the bottom of my feet.  :(  It's still pretty awesome to get to go to the beach though.  We came back on the train and had korean barbecue for dinner!  Jess and Nick had never had it before, and I think they both liked it.  Had a bit of green tea and Jamaican chocolate ice cream for dessert.  No, it's not turkey and pumpkin pie, but it was good.  Got home to Skype with Mom and Dad, Grandma, but missed Ben - silly boy was asleep.  :)  All in all, a pretty good day.  I have to say, I'd do it again if I had to!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment