Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 7

Well, again, it's Sunday officially, but it's the beginning of the workweek here in Abu Dhabi.  At least today had a good start.  20/24 and 11/12 on my quizzes.  :)  Significantly better than the class average.  Oh well, the real test is coming on Friday, so I've got to get ready.  I have a well site log tomorrow, a presentation the day after that, and 2 well sites visits in the evenings.  It's going to be a busy week.  We had a rig-up practical this afternoon where we actually cleaned our tools, tested them, and rigged them up to the wireline cable.  Tomorrow my practical is from 6-10:30 PM, and I'm pretty excited.  First time actually using the wireline equipment.  We got out of class marginally early today, so I worked out with Tiffany and Jessica, after we walked around the whole MLC compound.  The boat part, WesterGeco, is so cool!  I would hate to be on a boat for months, but the set-up they have here seems really swanky.  There is a squash court too, and apparently Alex and Aziz both like it.  Perhaps I'll improve my squash and table tennis skills.

I miss my family today.  I hope you're all having a nice Sunday.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment