Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November 23

Gosh, it's been a good day.  :)  Woke up early with intentions to go running.  Alas, that snooze button is much too close.  Oh well.  :)  Finally got my phone all set up and working, good news!  Another exciting taxi ride to work.  Patricia, Jess's roommate, told us that we might not get reimbursed for our $30/trip to and from work.  We're going to check tomorrow, because at $1200/month, I can totally afford a car.  I'll be finding that out tomorrow.  We drive through neighborhoods called East Perth and Victoria Park to get there everyday.  Such nice little brick homes with big brick walls.  It's kind of like how I remember Mexico being.  Everybody seems to like their privacy.  There's not really a crime problem in Perth, so maybe it just became the style to have really big fences around the homes?  I thought it was going to be quiet at work, and it kind of was, but we managed to stay busy all day.  We helped calibrate some tools, I did some fit testing with the operator trainees, and got my computer worked on!!  It might get fixed tomorrow.  It'll be nice to finally be able to do my SLB work on my own computer.  I had a chocolate milk with my smoko this morning.  Smoko is tea time, or for the Americans, break time.  Normal snack is a meat pie, chocolate milk, and a cigarette.  Needless to say, I just have the milk.  When we got home from work the ladies went grocery shopping.  I got gingernuts; they were NOT gingersnaps.  Disappointing to say the least.  I made chicken korma for dinner, it was great.  I spent some time watching the TV while writing emails.  Google Chat works just fine to make calls to the USA!  I talked with Mom and Dad, surprised them both I think.  :)  Tried talking to Ben, but I'll call again.  Thank goodness today went well, we'll see how the rest of the week goes.  Maybe to the beach this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment