Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 28

Quiet but nice day.  Woke up early and took a long walk around Perth.  Lots of beautiful things to see.  Apparently everybody drank too much last night; I felt like it was just me out there.  I got organized and wrote some postcards today.  I'll need to buy more stamps though.  I went out around noon, and visited some of the museums.  The Western Australia Art Museum, the Western Australian Museum, and the public library.  Not as exciting as I thought they might be, but it was nice to get out on my own.  Looked at shoes, but the shoes I get for $60-100 in the US is $130-180 AU.  Wow.  I guess I'll just have the parents send some shoes instead.  Got groceries, which are so expensive here!  I spent about $50AU, which would have cost me $35 in the US, at least.  Meat just kills me, it's so expensive.  Even Raman is expensive, at $1 a packet of noodles.  Oh well.  Took a nap.  :)  I love how nice it is here.  Went to the Catholic church nearby with Jess and Nick.  They're both Catholic, and it's nice to get back in the church routine.  Then we went and saw Harry Potter!!!  Love it.  :)  Finally, home for dinner, and now to bed.  Another work week, hopefully we get paid!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment