Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 14


A wonderful day of travel.  I woke up early, or so I thought, had breakfast, called the cabs, and checked on where everybody else was.  Apparently I was the only one that really slept.  I should have stayed out with the gang last night though.  They found a very nice bar with lots of Americans and Brits Jess, Tiffany, and Nick all had so much luggage that they spent hours packing it all up, and trying to decide how much it was going to cost them at the airport.  Took a cab with Tiffany, pleasant drive.  We realized that this has probably been the first time we’d been in a car during daylight hours since our first week.  Wowzers.  We arrived, and I got through with my luggage/ticket no problem.  The other 3 paid varying amounts to check their bags.  Needless to say, I’m glad I stuck with one checked bag.  Customs were a breeze, and the prices were nice at duty free, but I really had no reason to buy anything.  I realized about 5 minutes before we were to board our flight to Singapore that I didn’t have a hard copy of my immigration document to Australia.  I couldn’t quite remember how much I needed it, but it freaked me out a bit.  I’d take care of it at the airport though, no worries.  A nice 8 hour flight, I watch Oman pass by, along with seeing both coasts of India.  Can’t wait to visit there.  Probably got 5 hours of sleep, but it was bad sleep.  I watched Despicable Me.  Got in to Singapore at 10 PM local time.  What an awesome airport.  There are information desks every 100 feet or so, the nicest stores, restaurants.  Wow.  It was like a rather snazzy mall/hotel in one.  There was an indoor koi pond, but we missed seeing the indoor rollercoaster.  Next time.  I got my documents prints for about $7 US, and picked up a bagel sandwich w/ mango tea for $7.50 from Dunkin Donuts.  Unfortunately Jess and Nick had to again pay to have their luggage shipped.  Apparently Etihad, our first airline, made a mistake when they arranged to have their luggage sent the first time.  They had to pay again what they had already paid in Abu Dhabi.  A very expensive day for the two of them, I really hope that SLB reimburses them.  Waited till 1 AM and got on our flight to Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment