Friday, November 5, 2010

November 5

Kind of a more relaxed day.  I got really lucky on my quizzes, I messed up a number, 7504 instead of 7540.  Luckily it turned out that I had the same estimate as the answer, but seriously, I could have messed up a well quite badly if that had been a real situation!  I'm going to have to work on not transposing any more numbers.  It could kill.  We had a rather inexperienced presenter again today.  She seems like a nice girl, but frankly she need a lot of work in the presenting department.   It was Alyaa from Malaysia's birthday today, so we had a birthday song and cake for her in class!  They have some delicious stuff here.  (I will not eat dessert, I will not eat dessert.)  :)  I'm also digging the cardamom tea they have here.  Kind of like chai, but better.  We got out of class early, around 5:30 PM, so I played some ping pong doubles.  Needless to say, I'm probably the worst, but it's really hard to compete against the Southeast Asians!  They're so small, I swear, they just bounce around to get the ball.  Sigh.  I guess I'm never going to rock at that sport.  Had a nice dinner with Alyaa, and worked out for the first time in a few days.  It felt so awesome to stretch out afterwards.  Now, it's back to homework for now, and then I'm off to Dubai in the morning.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment