Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 13


Well, the last day of school was actually pretty nice.   Oh well, next time.  Headed to class, talked about our year old plan with SLB.  I’ll have a lot to do, but it’s attainable.  I had my meeting with Yogi about where I need work, and what he thinks that I do well.  Considering I know that some of my fellow SLB’s read this, I’ll keep the details to myself.  Needless to say, positives and negatives.  Had some lunch, then out to the well pad for some more practical action.  I think Yogi could tell that we were exhausted, so he let us out early.  I went back to the accomodations, and took a nap.  Sweet, sweet nap.  We then went into the city for a little fun and dinner.  Went to a hooka/sports bar in the Marina Mall.  Strange place, we were definitely conspicuous, but it was a fun time.  Since they don't serve any alcohol, they had an awesome non-alcoholic drinks section.  I had a real ginger drink with lemon, it was kind of thick, and Jess had cinnamon tea.  Had a mixed meat platter, pitas, cheese, and grilled veggies.  Very tasty.  I finally got to talk more with Badar and Khalil, the two most conservative members of our class.  Really nice guys, I think Badar just isn't as comfortable with his English.  Khalil went to school in New Zeland, and he seems pretty chill.  Went back a bit earlier, others stayed to go out to the bars, and got all packed up.  Early to bed, if 1 AM is considered early.  Tomorrow should be in an interesting traveling day...              

No comments:

Post a Comment