Friday, November 5, 2010

November 4

Well last night was so busy, I didn't even get around to writing this thing till the night after.  Really long day at class.  We went through the proprietary software that SLB uses for their wireline jobs.  There is certainly a lot to know about that.  We have 5 example problems to go through, plus all the other homework  At least my instructor Yogi is nice.  He was named after Yogi Bear.  :)  Such a nice guy.  I stayed after class and did homework, mixed in with a quick dinner, until I went out on the well pad for a well site visit!  We went and watched the Xperts cased hole class complete a cement bonding log.  We went in a group of 5 and basically just talked with the students as they were doing their log.  One student is the engineer of the job, another is the winchman, and the third is the operator.  The operators during our visit were Henning and Blair, Canadians, and they were super helpful.  Granted this isn't exactly what I'm going to be doing, but next week I'll be seeing some actual open hole logging.  :)  I can't wait.  Got some news from Mom and Trygve, always nice to hear how everybody is doing.  I'm going to work on getting my homework done and then putting some pictures up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment