Monday, November 22, 2010

November 21

First Sunday in Perth.  Thank goodness we deccided not to go into work.  :)  I woke up early and ran around on the River View Road this morning.  There's a lot of bike/walk paths all around.  There was a really big bike ride going on, and it was nice to see all those people out and about.  I found the kangaroo reserve, but because of the scary signs warning me them, I decided to wait for another time, when I have some company to put between me and the roos.  It rained for a bit during the adventures, but it was nice to have a change in the weather.  Afterwards Jess and I went shopping for some phones.  I bought a Telstra, Australia's local cell phone company; I sure hope it was a wise choice.  Also visited Target, which I thought seemed a little bit classier than our version.  We then walked down the River Road a bit more to King's Park.  It's the tallest place in Perth, with a war memorial, concert venue, and botanical gardens.  Great view, I'll definitely be coming back here.  We then had a bit of a late lunch, then Jess and I walked home through downtown while Nick took the Metro home.  Only $2.50 to get to Victoria Park.  I can see that we will definitely be visiting him more.  Downtown is a really nice place during the day.  I like it at night, because it's all lite up for Christmas already, but it's so clean and quiet during the weekend.  Gotta love having your Christmas in the summer.  Strangely enough there are a lot of decorations that feature snow.  :)  I had big plans to make dinner, but I ended up Skyping with Mom, Dad, and Ben instead.  Definitely time well spent.  :)  It had been about 3 weeks since I had talked directly to them, and I have to say I'd missed it.  I can't wait to try to talk to the family on Thanksgiving.  Even if I have to get up during the night to do it, it'll be worth it.  I'm glad I took today off work, it's so nice to enjoy the few days that we do have off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment