Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 24

Just a little sad today.  Thanksgiving is coming, and I'm not going to be home, off work, or watching football.  :(  We're thinking of going to the beach though!  We all got to ride in Laura's car to work this morning.  Sure is nice to have one roommate with a car.  Definitely going to need to buy one as soon as I come back here.  Busy day in the workshop today.  A lot of tools and equipment were getting shipped out to the rigs.  Have I mentioned that the rigs are all over the place?  There are zero rigs off the coast of Perth, but we service rigs off the coast of Melbourne, Brisbane, Darwin, Broome, Karratha, Exmouth, and on the island of East Timor.  (Look these places up on a map.  They are seriously far away from Perth!)  Freight shipping takes a long time, so logistics is vital.  Came home and ran over to Heirisson (spelling?) Island down the street from my condo.  We saw the kangaroos!  Granted, they were only about 2 feet tall, and not nearly as scary as I had anticipated.  I was expected the 6 ft tall grey kangaroos, but these guys were dog sized and brown.  They're pretty used to humans, so when Jess and Nick got to close, they just slowly hopped away.  I stayed safely on the trail.  :)  Home for a great homemade dinner, and the roommates tricked me into some homemade tiramisu.  I love living with a true Italian.  I finally got to talk to Ben!  I think I woke him up, but it's good to know that Google Chat works pretty well from over here.  Now off to bed, after hanging my clothes to dry on the balcony.  Hopefully the winds don't blow anything off!   

No comments:

Post a Comment